Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Charming Southern Wedding: Jill & Chris - October 24, 2009

I'm so excited to finally share this wedding with you! Jill & Chris and I had over a year of anticipation (and lots of fun) to plan their wedding at Belle Meade Plantation on October 24. To show you the great time we had during the process, I'll share this snippet from Jill's blog during her planning:

When we first met her we walked out of there and Chris said "sold!" And that was exactly the way I felt. She is so laid back and easy to talk to . . . exactly what we need!

I think the point I knew it was a perfect match was when she asked if we had a vision or "theme" we wanted for the wedding. I looked at Chris (as I did on many of the questions once I had exhausted my choice of words - about 5) and as he tried to describe our taste including the words "sophisticated hillbilly" she started laughing and put a big star next to it on her paper. She said "Well if I ever lose our vision I will refer back to this!" :-)

I'd had some doubts about if I was doing the right thing . . . is the extra work and stress worth the money we would save doing it ourselves? What would people think? Well, I got over that really quick after our meeting last night! I walked out knowing 100% we made the right decision. She met with us for an hour and a half discussing our thoughts on how we want everything and started to plan the timeline of the wedding and reception. Most importantly I think is that Chris and I both walked out excited about the wedding and not stressed. If she has the ability to do that at every meeting and get things done I am all for it! 


While the "fun" part of wedding planning is so creative and enjoyable, what Jill describes above is really my main goal. I want you to feel relaxed and taken care of during the process, as if I'm here to throw a party in your honor that you get to simply walk in and enjoy!

The intimate ceremony was held just before dusk in the Boxwood Garden for her 100 guests, and officiated by the always wonderful Ralph Griggs. If I do say so myself, these were the cutest flower girls and ring bearer around! Their enthusiasm turned into running down the long aisle and everyone loved it. We also served hot chocolate and hot spiced tea in the garden as guests arrived to combat the chilly air!





(This is one of my favorite pictures ever, by the way.)


To achieve their look and feel, the Carriage House at Belle Meade was a perfect fit. It has a rustic, country feel without taking it as far a renovated barn. Her color scheme was black, white, and red with a Baroque pattern that was echoed throughout the event.


To honor their Kentucky heritage, we named the tables after past Derby winners, and each guest received a commemorative 135th Anniversary Derby glass - conveniently in our color scheme!


The menu was Buttermilk Dipped Fried Chicken, Slow-cooked Southern Green Beans, Homemade Mac 'n' Cheese, Corn Bread and Biscuits, and even Banana Pudding in mini Mason jars for the groom!


One of my favorite parts of the whole day was how were were able to take the graphic from their custom invitation and use it on the cake - amazing job, Jay!


Jason Middleton of Middleton Entertainment did a great job keeping the dance floor full - and playing lots of Neil for Chris, of course! - and we had a great moment with Jill's grandparents who'd been married the longest and shared some sweet and humorous advice with the newlyweds!


Here are few more of my favorite shots, taken by the incredible Peter and Whitney of Dove Wedding Photography. I was so happy to finally have a wedding with them! They even got a shot of these rehearsal dinner invitations at Jack's BBQ we made for them from their engagement shoot!


Thanks Jill & Chris for such a fun experience working with you and your families - wish we could do it every year! :)


And always, a huge thank you to our wonderful vendors who make all of this a reality:




Photography: Dove Wedding Photography

Florals: Jimm Wright Designs

Rentals: Southern Events

Lighting: Nashville Event Lighting

Officiate: Ralph Griggs, M Th.

DJ: Middleton Entertainment

Guitarist: Rob Higginbotham, Nashville Wedding Guitarist

Cake: Maples Wedding Cakes

Catering & Bar: A Catered Affair

Custom Socials: Williamson County Weddings Boutique

Transportation: Music City Bus

Makeup: Amy Lynn Larwig