Thursday, January 8, 2009

Michael & Melanie - A Winter Wedding!

When my dear friends Michael & Mel asked me to help with their wedding this last winter, I was so excited! One of the things I love most about being a wedding planner is the not only all the fantastic new clients I get to meet because of my job, but also the chance to work with friends and family I already know and love on their special day!

The wedding was a beautiful Brentwood church followed by an afternoon reception at The Factory at Franklin. Mel's dress was stunning, and we carried the soft, romantic style of her look into the entire wedding, sticking with a chocolate, blush, and cream color scheme. One of my favorite parts of the day was their wedding cake - Amy at The Bake Shoppe hand wrote the lyrics from their first dance song - "Forever" by Ben Harper" on to each layer! The favors were handmade and were a tribute to the breast cancer survivors in their families, accompanying by a donation made by the bride & groom.

Enjoy the slideshow!