This is an easy and delicious DIY project you can make in advance. Customize the look for your wedding by choosing your own unique container and fabric accent. Caroline chose mason jars for her farm wedding and inexpensive quilting fabric in reds and oranges that she purchased as remnants at Joann Fabric. Tied with twine and a hand-written note to each family, these favors were appreciated at the wedding as well as in the weeks following when the cookies were baked and enjoyed at home.
Toffee Blondies in a Jar
In the jar you put:
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
1/2 cup toffee pieces or butterscotch-flavor pieces
Make sure to include the baking instructions with each favor/gift:
To Make Blondies:
1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Grease an 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
2. In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup melted butter, 2 lightly beaten eggs, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
3. Stir in the contents of the jar. Spread batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set and golden brown and edges just begin to pull away from pan.
5. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes 16 bars.
Thanks for sharing your recipe with us Caroline! To view more beautiful details from Caroline and Scott's beautiful farm wedding, visit us on Facebook!